Many best wishes and much support for your very important work.
UNICEF (Through Rafael Obregon, Chief, C4D), The Communication Initiative and other organisations are working togther to develop a possible global mechanism to help advance the impact, scale, contribution and influence of the communication and media development, social and behavioural change field of work. You can find a summary outline of this initiative at this link along with some comments from the network.
We are presently undertaking a series of consultations in order to gain the insights, analysis and ideas of people across this field of work. With guidance and support from Vincent Petit
Regional Adviser, C4D, UNICEF Middle East and North Africa Regional Office, there will be a skype conference call consultation for people and organisations in the Middle East and North Africa on Tuesday 14th March at 4pm Amman time. We would very much welcome your involvement and contribution. If, on reviewing below and reading the background information on the links, you do wish to participate please let me know and I will provide the skype conference call connection information.
Purpose of the call: We are very interested in hearing your perspectives on your most pressing communication and media development, social and behavioural change priorities, that you would like to see addressed at the global level in order to facilitate more effective action related to your goals in your context.
Outline of this initiative: There is a brief orientation to this possible global mechanism initiative at this link. It provides the background and purpose for the process.
Focus areas for the call: The main questions on which we wish to ask and hear your insights, analysis and proposals are:
- What priority goals and themes would you propose as the focus of such a possible mechanism?
- What strategic approach should such a possible mechanism take to work towards those goals?
- How would you recommend that such a mechanism be structured and organised?
Preparation for the call: Can we please encourage you to:
- Complete the brief survey at this link. The data and ideas that are collected through this survey are really important for the overall process. (Please feel free to ignore the couple of The CI specific Qs at the end if you wish!)
- Join this Group It will join up the various consultations that are taking place. But more important it provides a place for written comments and ideas.
Many thanks for considering. We very much hope that on review of the focus of this initiative you will join the Middle East and North Africa consultation on Tuesday 14th March from 4pm to 6pm Amman time. Very much look forward to learning your insights and perspectives from your context and experience. Please do reply by email with any questions or issues that you wish to share and your confirmation if you can join the consultation call.
Warren, and on behalf of Rafael
The Communication Initiative
Phone - 1–250-658-6372
Cell - 1–250-588-8795