PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Global Engagement & Communications Team leads PATH's brand, communications, policy and advocacy, philanthropy, business development and strategic corporate engagement efforts. We tell the story of PATH's work internally and externally, support the efforts of governments and policymakers around the world to adopt healthy policies, and inspire donors and corporations to partner with us and support our work.
Under the leadership of the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), we are currently transforming PATH’s brand and communications strategy to drive revenue, awareness, and overall impact for the organization. We recently hired three world-class creative firms to rebrand the organization, completely redesign our website, and reimagine our overall marketing efforts with a focus on data-driven communications that increase PATH’s overall impact.
We are now recruiting our first-ever Creative Director to provide overall creative leadership for the organization, lead the rebrand process and global rollout of the new brand platform, and build and lead a global team of creative designers, writers, photographers, and other producers. The Creative Director will report to the CMO, lead the organization’s Creative Team, and be part of a global leadership team along with our Head of Marketing Strategy and a Head of Media.
As the most-senior creative leader in the organization, our CD will:
- Partner with the CMO and other key leaders on PATH’s rebrand; lead a global, multi-year rollout of our new brand platform. (Our brand firm partner is Manual Creative.)
- Lead the creative transformation of our website and other key touchpoints. (Our interactive partner is Instrument.)
- Own overall creative direction for our global organization.
- Build and lead a global creative team, including in-house talent, external creative firms, and freelance team members; disciplines include art direction, UX, photography, video, digital media and web.
- Help establish a global brand management discipline and manage overall use of our brand system.
- Work closely with our global strategy and media teams to execute projects like marketing campaigns, events, digital production, and other experiences.
- Work with creative and marketing teams from our corporate partners to build global co-brand initiatives; current partners include: Tableau, GSK, Wipro, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, Mapbox, and others.
You should be:
- A seasoned creative leader with extensive experience leading creative teams to create and pitch original branding, design concepts, and global marketing campaigns. Minimum of 10 years of related experience is required.
- A master designer with strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies for digital channels.
- Highly savvy about a broad range of marketing, advertising, and communications methods and current best practices.
- An inspirational and trusted team leader.
- Strategic and results driven.
- An outstanding communicator and confident presenter.
- An expert in client services, able to work with a wide range of stakeholders including executive and c-suite leaders within PATH and within our partner companies.
- Curious by nature, intrigued by solving problems, and well versed in the creative industry and marketing trends.
- A change agent, who appreciates an evolving environment.
- Passionate about both what we do as an organization (global health) and within our department (marketing and communications).
- Excited about the opportunity to transform a global brand to directly impact global health.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.