Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI and its local affiliates manage malaria control programs in 32 countries and are world leaders in malaria control implementation delivering 42 million treated mosquito nets and almost 19 million quality-assured ACTs for confirmed malaria cases in 2016. PSI also supports national Ministries of Health to scale up malaria diagnosis especially in the private sector and to improve tracking of malaria patients through surveillance and health information systems, especially DHIS2.
PSI is seeking an experienced, dynamic and innovation-driven Malaria Technical Advisor to facilitate the scale up of a large multi-country malaria service delivery project, capture and share best practices, as well as provide technical support to specific country programs to ensure high quality of and measurable impact through their malaria programs. This Technical Advisor will be responsible for ensuring technical rigor on the implementation of malaria service delivery activities in a portfolio of countries.
The full-time position is based in Washington DC with 30% travel and reports to the Senior Technical Advisor.
This position is contingent upon funding.
- Act as technical focal point for a large malaria service delivery award.
- Provide technical support to country offices in the execution of a large malaria service delivery contract.
- Provide regular updates to the Senior Technical Advisor on technical implementation of activities in your portfolio of countries.
- Act as the primary technical focal point for malaria service delivery for a portfolio of countries, ensuring that activities are implemented according to technical guidance from the donor and global best practices.
- Provide in-country technical assistance on program design and troubleshooting (either directly or by working with internal and external resources).
- Coordinate technical assistance from sub-contractors to achieve workplan deliverables
- Review country workplan activities, performance indicators and targets, ensuring timely completion of activities against workplan deadlines.
- With the oversight of the Senior Technical Director, lead the development of quarterly/ annual programmatic reports and weekly progress updates for your portfolio of countries.
- Produce and disseminate knowledge products and processes (toolkits, case studies, best practices, technical briefing documents, peer review publications, etc.) for national and international audiences to accelerate rapid transfer of best practices on the service delivery project.
- Proactively engage with partners to improve coordination at national and international levels.
- Represent the malaria service delivery project as required at relevant technical working groups, conferences, workshops, and policy-oriented forums using appropriate media.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MPH, MBA, MSc, ME, etc.) or equivalent implementation experience.
- Demonstrating Results: You have 5+ years track record demonstrating leadership generating tangible results in mobilizing resources for serving social needs in a developing country.
- A malariaologist You will have demonstrated knowledge on malaria control and proven experience in managing a malaria program
- Forging Partnerships: You are able to coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including private partners, donors, government officials and bodies, technical experts, civil society organizations, community members and organizations and project support staff.
- Flexible Change Agent: You are a proactive leader who catalyzes innovation by both leading and working through others.
- Curious: You are a fast learner and adaptable to new contexts.
- Simplify: You quickly distil complexity to essential and simple concepts and approaches.
What would get us excited?
- Sound technical knowledge of malaria policy and context.
- Field Experience working with or delivering Malaria Case Management in a control setting
- Knowledge of the global malaria partnership landscape and familiarity with the international donor community.
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; French highly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- This position is contingent upon funding.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.