IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor to work on a four-year, USAID-funded program in Serbia: Strengthening Media Systems (SMS). The MEL Advisor will be responsible for implementing robust performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems that support the SMS program activities and objectives.
The MEL Advisor is the primary person responsible for implementing the SMS Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan. S/he is also responsible for building the capacity of all SMS program staff and local partners, and supervising general monitoring and evaluation approaches, practices, and tools. The MEL Advisor will cooperate closely with the COP on the technical level, ensuring that indicators and information are reported as needed by USAID/Serbia. The MEL Advisor is responsible for overseeing the collection of GIS and TraiNet data, and inputting this data into the relevant online systems for USAID use and for F-Indicator reporting to USAID.
Citizens of Serbia preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with IREX headquarters-based MEL Specialist, develop and manage a monitoring, evaluation, and learning system across all program components, including indicators to report on program results.
- Provide training and mentoring in M&E planning, data collection, and reporting to IREX project staff and partners.
- Ensure that all MEL activities are implemented according to schedule.
- Ensure the data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and adjust as needed.
- Conduct visits to project sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of project activities.
- Produce narrative program performance reports.
- Compile quantitative and qualitative data for inclusion in quarterly reports.
- Communicate information obtained through MEL activities to IREX staff, and various external stakeholders.
- Liaise with IREX partners that contribute M&E data or products for program activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities for international development projects.
- Experience with the monitoring and evaluation of USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, or related field.
- Proven success in implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience developing systems to track capacity building efforts.
- Experience working in a facilitation role to engage stakeholders in interpreting MEL data and incorporating it in program activities.
- Experience managing and providing M&E training to IREX staff and partners.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Written and spoken English-language fluency required.
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner in terms of number of working hours, days of work;
- High ethical standards; and
- Polite manners, excellent communication.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with your application. Cover letters should discuss what specific areas of program support interest you. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applications should be received by January 15, 2018 at 5:00 P.M CET.