Job Title Program Assistant: Malaria, Child Survival, and Sanitation
Department: Malaria, Child Survival, and Sanitation
Based in Washington, DC
Reports to the Associate Program Manager, MCSD
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Program Assistant (PA) to support program management functions in the Malaria, Child Survival, and Sanitation department. The PA will have wide‑ranging responsibilities and work with PSI staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Associate Program Manager, MCSD.
Sound goo to you? Read on.
- Fulfilling administrative functions, including invoicing and expense reconciling;
- Supporting administrative preparation for key malaria, child survival and sanitation presentations, conferences, meetings and retreats;
- Plan a variety of events, including departmental meetings and retreats;
- Assisting with domestic and international travel arrangements including expense report preparation, hotel reservations, visa applications, drafting necessary invitation letters and arranging meeting schedules for international staff visiting DC;
- Assisting in creation and updating of communications materials, including one pagers, presentations, and the department quarterly newsletter;
- Assisting in review and editing of project workplans and reports;
- Responding to internal/external requests for information and assisting with website updates as necessary;
- Responsible for coordinating the management and maintenance of MCSD’s SharePoint page;
- Provide administrative and financial management support to MCSD centrally-funded projects, including assisting with donor reporting and preparation and tracking of budgets;
- Assist with preparing the labor trackers and labor charging guidance for the department, in coordination with the Associate Program Manager and Financial Analyst;
- Assist with review and payment of invoices and drafting of consultant contracts;
- Support onboarding of new MCSD staff and train all team members in PSI processes and procedures. Connect team members to resources in headquarters and at the country level; and
- Fulfill other programmatic, financial, and administrative functions as required.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree; master’s degree preferred in a relevant field (public health, international relations, etc.)
- At least one year experience working in a fast‑paced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
What would get us excited?
- The successful candidate will be a customer service oriented;
- Exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have proven problem solving ability;
- Work efficiently and quickly under pressure;
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks;
- Team Player: You know how to connect several diverse groups of people to get things done; and
- Self-Starter: You are not afraid to jump in from the start and get your hands dirty with minimal direction.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this positon
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.